Rev. Professor Donnelly B.A., M.Th., 1975-1987, 1990-2011
Edward Donnelly was called as our minister in 1975 after pastorates in Dervock and with a Greek speaking church in Cyprus. He was born into the Reformed Presbyterian Church and graduated in classics at Queen's University and in theology at RP Seminary, Pittsburgh, USA. A widely travelled preacher and conference speaker, he has to date written three books. He served as Principal and Professor of New Testament at the Reformed Theological College, Belfast until 2013. Professor Donnelly

Rev. Hugh Wright B.A., 1959-1973.
Rev. Wright went on to serve in the Newtownards congregation from 1973-1983. Rev. H. Wright

Rev. Isaac Cole B.A., 1945-1958.
Minister of Trinity 1945-1958 and then Drimbolg 1958-1989. He died 24th April 1990 aged 71 years and his wife Anella died 29th April 2000 aged 78 years. Isaac Cole

Rev. Professor William Russell M.A., 1927-1944.
Professor of Systematic Theology at the Theological Hall. Rev. William Russell

Rev. Alexander Gilmour M.A., 1917-1924.
Rev. Gilmour had been brought up in the Rathfriland congregation, graduated from Glasgow University and studied at the Theological Hall. Then ordained at Drimbolg on 14th March 1911. He was called to Trinity Street and installed there in 1917 where he said he had experienced nothing but love for seven years. He went on to minister to the congregation of Dromara RPC 1924-1952. Rev. Alexander Gilmour's academic qualifications were well recognised by the Synod in 1945 when after the resignation of Rev. Prof. John Ramsey, LL.B., Mr. Gilmour was appointed lecturer in Old Testament Language and Literature in the Reformed Presbyterian Theological Hall, Belfast. He held this appointment for 15 years. Rev. Alexander Gilmour, M.A. was minister of the congregation of Dromara for more than 28 years. Having served the congregation of Dromara longer than any of his three ministerial predecessors. Mr. Gilmour accepted a call to Newtownards congregation on Tuesday, 27th May 1952 and was installed in Newtownards on Thursday, 3rd July 1952. He served there until 1959.
Synod of 1972 recorded the following appreciation of the life and ministry of Rev. Alexander Gilmour, M.A., who died on 15th May 1972 in the 86th year of his life and 62nd year of his ministry. "Mr. Gilmour was brought up in connection with Rathfriland congregation. He undertook most of his studies in Scotland, graduating M.A. at Glasgow University, and completed his training at the Theological Hall in Belfast. He was licensed by the Southern Presbytery and on receiving a call from Drimbolg he was ordained to the gospel ministry by the Northern Presbytery and installed to the pastoral oversight of that congregation on 14th March 1911. After a ministry there of six years he moved to the Eastern Presbytery where he remained a member till his death, having retired from the active duties of the ministry on 3rd March 1959. On 14th March 1917 he was installed in Trinity Street, Belfast congregation, on 18th March 1924 he was installed in Dromara where he ministered for over 28 years until he was installed in Newtownards on 3rd July 1952 where he continued until his retirement. He was also minister in charge of Ballymacashon from 1925 to 1963. In all these congregations he ministered with fervent zeal and with the fullest devotion to the great truths of the gospel. His preaching ability was much above average and on many occasions he was called upon to conduct special services. He was also much in demand as a speaker at conferences. He had the ability to present the truth in a manner which all could easily follow and which could be clearly recollected for future help and guidance. In intellect he towered above others, yet in humility he was equal with the most lowly. Mr. Gilmour took his full share in the work of the church courts and acted on many of Synod's committees. He rendered valuable service on several special committees which were appointed to undertake particular tasks. His insight and wise sense of judgment were invaluable characteristics in all that he did. He was deeply interested in the praise service of the church, being an original member of the Psalmody committee, and he used his musical gifts in training choirs in Psalm singing. He was moderator of Synod in 1924. In 1945 Synod recognised his ability in Hebrew and his qualities as a teacher when he was appointed lecturer in Old Testament language and literature in the Theological Hall, which office he filled with distinction for 15 years. All who passed through his classes owe much to his able teaching and his wise counsel. In all his duties Mr. Gilmour was ably supported by Mrs. Gilmour who pre-deceased him in 1966. Since then he resided with his daughter in Manchester and though separated from the Church by distance he maintained a deep interest in her work and welfare and delighted in her progress.
Rev. Alexander Gilmour

Rev. Professor James Dick M.A., D.D. 1896-1916.
Formerly of the Kilraughts congregation. He was Professor of Systematic Theology at the Theological Hall. Rev. William Russell